Riconoscimenti e premi
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 90 pt.
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2013 89 pt.
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2013 87 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 2,5 stars
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 RISERVA 2,5 stars
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 Highly Recommended / 90+
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ (XXL)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 90
This full-bodied red features aromas of underbrush, tilled soil, dark berry, new leather and a whiff of game. The concentrated palate offers ripe black cherry, licorice, mocha and a note of pipe tobacco alongside firm, velvety tannins. It’s already ripe and accessible but will also age well for the next decade at least. Drink 2016– 2025. K.O. (5/1/2015)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 RISERVA 92
Generous, with tertiary aromas of cured meat, leather and tobacco, this is a spicy and savory Brunello riserva that offers more in terms of black pepper, crushed mineral, licorice and prune than it does fresh berry fruit. But that’s not a problem whatsoever because those beautifully aged flavors give the wine a sophisticated twist. M.L. (5/1/2013)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 88
This Brunello presents mature aromas of cured meat and old spice behind a pulpy berry profile. The acidity is biting and sharp and presents a strange juxtaposition against the roundness of the cherry fruit flavors. M.L. (5/1/2013)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 89
A classic Brunello with a savory, aged quality that exudes sophistication and elegance. Dried fruit, cassis, spice, old leather and rum cake form the bouquet. The wine is finely textured, sharp and clean in the mouth. Seems aged, savory and austere. M.L. (5/1/2012)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 RISERVA 91
This Brunello has a warm, earthy personality embodied by its wild mushroom, leather, tobacco and ripe fruit notes. There’s crème de cassis and cherry liqueur as well. The wine’s mouthfeel is bright and crisp. M.L. (5/1/2012)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 RISERVA 91
Austere and elegant with ethereal tones of Spanish cedar, cherry cola, eucalyptus and licorice, this Brunello represents some of vintage 2004’s best qualities. The wine is elegant and tempered yet determined and enduring in the mouth. Pair it with pork rolled with prunes. M.L. (10/1/2010)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 91
The 2010 Brunello di Montalcino sees a classic winemaking formula of 12 months in stainless steel, 36 months in large Slavonian oak casks and 12 months in bottle. It is that steady care, executed over five years, that gives this wine its smooth and tempered personality. The Brunello shows power and muscle with red fruit aromas, spice, dark smoke and cured meat. This is a wine with wide shoulders and a large frame. It offers moderate complexity but presents a united aromatic front. Drink this Brunello after 2017. Roberto Terzuoli's eight hectare estate is located in the northeastern part of the Brunello appellation and has south facing vines planted at 300 meters above sea level. The family uses large oak cask for making classic Brunello.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 15.5
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2010 93
Tasting notes: A red with dried berry and cherry character. Lots of spices from nutmegto cloves. Full body, velvet tannins and a savory finish. Drink or hold.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 ♥
Reifendes, mittelintensives Rot; reifend, Kaffeenoten; kraftvoll, gute. Tiefe, kaffeeartig, auch Länge, endet etwas herb.
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2011 87 pt.
Crushed red berry, black plum, prune, game and baking spice areomas carry on to the palate, along with dense black cherry and mocha. It’s warm, soft and evolving fast so enjoy now. Kerin O'Keefe
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 89 + pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 89 pt.
Sweet dark cherries, plums, menthol, tobacco, violets and dried flowers are some of the notes that take shape in the 2009 Brunello di Montalcino 2009. The 2009 stands out for its persistence and solid overall balance. 2014 - 2017
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 Riserva 89 pt.
SassodiSole’s 2008 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva is juicy, open and resonant. Dark red plums, French oak, menthol and spices melt together in an expressive, juicy Brunello with good immediacy. Today the French oak is a bit pronounced, and it don’t see the oak integrating in a meaningful way during what is likely to be a relatively short drinking window for this 2008 Riserva. 2014 - 2019
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva Bronze Medal
This wine has been judged by the world’s best wine professionals in the most comprehensive and authoritative wine competition in the world, and has been awarded.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 89 pt.
Forward but structured, it delivers underbrush, leather and dark fruit aromas punctuated with hints of orange rind and spice. The palate offers fleshy black raspberry and red cherry sprinkled with white pepper, licorice and a note of mocha alongside firm but round tannins. Drink now–2017. K.O.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 Recommended / 89 pt.
Evolved mushroom nose with black fruit and coffee aromas. Traditional in style. Round with developed and fully ripe fruit flavours. Attractive by ready.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 91 pt.
SassodiSole pulls its winemaking prowess seamlessly together with the 2007 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva. Although its drinking window may not be as wide as other wines from this classic vintage, this specific wine is already starting to come into its prime. Its appearance is dark and austere and there’s plenty of ripe fruit and dried spice to keep your attention. The wine also shows a pretty evolution in the glass, spanning from dried cherry to root beer to black licorice. Don’t wait too long to enjoy this upfront wine. Drink: 2015-2020
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 89 pt.
The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino reveals evolved aromas of cured meat and dried berry backed by tobacco leaf and grilled herb. The mouth feel is mild, both in terms of impact and acidity (this can be said of many wines from the 2009 vintage), but those pretty balsam notes of cola and rosemary oil give the bouquet a sense of lift and buoyancy. Drink: 2016-2020.
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2011 88+ pt.
The 2011 Rosso di Montalcino is a fine Rosso with a surprising level of sophistication and charm for a base level wine from this storied appellation. The wine reveals lovely layers of dried cherry and sweet spice that give it an immediate and approachable style. Pair it with pasta and your favorite homemade sauce. Drink: 2014-2017.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009 91 pt.
Tasting Notes A solid wine with beautiful ripe fruit and plenty of bark, meat and tea-leaf undertones. Full body, silky tannins and clean finish.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 91 pt.
Tasting Notes Balanced and refined with dried cherry and hazelnut character. Full to medium body, with wellintegrated tannins and a coffee bean and berry aftertaste. Fascinating. Drink or hold
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 92 pt.
Tasting Notes A super balanced and refined wine with berries, cedar and dried flowers and hints of toasted oak. Full body, with integrated and silky tannins. Lasts for minutes. So fine now. Pull the cork
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2010 3 stelle su 4
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 3 stelle su 4
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 ♥
Reifendes mittelintensives Rot; würzige, auch Cassis-artige Frucht; kraftvoll, Süße, reifende Frucht, Karamell, recht dicht, gutes Tannin, reifend, sehr angenehm
- Rosso Di Montalcino DOC 2011 87 pt.
Bright red with a garnet rim. Smoked beef and peppery herbs on the nose, with redcurrant and violet notes emerging with aeration. More bacon and grilled pork belly notes on the palate, complementing ripe but delicate flavors of red cherry and flowers. Finishes clean, with bright acidity, polished tannins and repeating floral and redcurrant notes. I find this too oaky: the strong smoky, saline aromas and flavors are not for me.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 90+ pt.
Good, full ruby-red. Red Cherry, strawberry, spicecake and licorice on the inviting nose. Supple and sweet, with sneaky intensity to the red fruit and sweet spice flavor. In a rather suave, creamy style for 2008, but nicely integrated acidity gives it shape. Finishes with fine-grained tannins and subtle persistence. This strikes me as one of the best young wines I have ever tried from this estate.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 89+ pt.
Bright ruby-red. Aromas of cassis, spicecake and coffee, with a strong component of nutty oak and a loamy nuance. Lush, full and sweet, with black fruit, underbrush and inky flavors dominating. The persistent finish features broad, mouthdusting tannins. A very serious wine, but I prefer the fruit and the easy drinking charm of the ’08.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 89 pt.
A blast of dark fruit hits the palate as the 2008 Brunello di Montalcino from Sassodisole opens up in the glass. Tar, smoke, licorice, savory herbs and game appear later, contributing to the wine’s dark, brooding personality. Another year or two in bottle should help the tannins soften, even if the 2008 is likely to remain a rather monolithic, rustic wine. Anticipated maturity: 2015-2023. Robert Parker
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 88 pt.
The 2007 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva is an immediate wine with good depth and solid overall balance. Crushed flowers, sweet red cherries, licorice and tobacco all meld together in an attractive Brunello best suited for drinking over the next handful of years. Anticipated maturity: 2013-2017. Robert Parker
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 Silver Medal
Tasting Notes: Such typical Sauvignon Fruit: Morello cherry fragrance. Lift and vitality without any heaviness. Really authentic, drink now
- Brunello di Montalcino 2008
Erdige Note, wuezig nussig, kraftvoller Aufritt, dicht, fein, gediegen, waemender Alkohol, auch mineralisch steiniege Anmutung, charaktervoll.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 92 pt.
This up-and-coming producer has only been bottling its own wines since 2001, but it’s a good example of the strides that are being made in the north-east of the DOCG, possibly thanks to climate change. This is a very fresh, minerally Brunello, with active mid-palate sweetness. Drink: 2024-20.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 91 pt.
Typically focused, elegant winemaking, even in 2007, showing crunchy, northern acidity, firmish tannins and plenty of bright red cherry, raspberry and redcurrant fruit the slight firmness will soften in bottle. Drink: 2016-24.
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2010 83 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 88 E pt.
Come il precedente non ama buttarsi nella mischia, però ha spessore di tutto rispetto (più di Poggio San Paolo), belle capacità di allungo e credo anche discrete prospettive aromatiche. Meglio quindi attendere.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 89 F pt.
Mostra fin da subito il suo lato più catramoso e agrumato ma nel farlo ci mette le giusta misura, esaltando il carattere e sfumando le asperità. Un vino dunque espressivo, di giusta forsa e allo stesso tempo godibile.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Medaglia d’Onore (Max rating)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 Riserva Medaglia di Merito
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2010 Medaglia di merito
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2010 Medaglia di Merito
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2008 15.5
Mature-looking mid ruby with broad orangey rim. Savoury nose with hints of oak. There is plenty of sweet fruit and bitter, gripping tanning to match. (Walter Speller)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 Riserva 15.5
Mid rubybroad orange-thingedrim. A little rustic but multilayered. Hint of leather. Rich and very ripe fruit. Hedonistic and ready now. (Walter Speller)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 4 stars - 16pts/20
Pretty incense and underbrush aromas. Succulent black and red fruit flavors with aggressive teeth-coating tannins that need some time to time.. Drin
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 Riserva 14.6
Drink 2012-2016. Concentrated ruby with orange rim. Sweetly perfumed with hints of exotic, dry spice. Slightly bitter tannin. Lacks complexity and freshness. (WS)014-2021.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2007 92 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 Riserva 93 pt.
Tasting note: blackberry and roses on the nose follow through to a full body, with plenty of fruit and chewy finish. Intense finish. Solid core of fruit and ripe tannins. Refined.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 2 bicchieri
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2009 2 bicchieri
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 90 pt
"Soft and fruity with a decadent and fruity character. Medium to full body, with soft tannins and fruity finish. Should be better in two or three years."
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2006 89 pt.
Drying, sharp tannins bring up the rear and indicate the wine needs time to soften. Aromas include black fruit and cured meat.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 Menzione Speciale (Max rating)
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2008 Diploma di Merito
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2005 88 pt
"An attractive and balanced red, with dried mushroom and cedar aromas and flavors. Medium-bodied, with firm tannins and a clean, fresh finish. Best after 2010. 600 cases made. –JS"
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 Riserva 92 pt
"Shows sweet ripe berry and hints of raisin on the nose, with dried flowers. Full-bodied, with layers of ripe tannins and a long, flavorful finish. Very ripe and concentrated, but impressive and generous. Best after 2011. 165 cases made. –JS
- Brunello di Montalcino SassodiSole 2005 89 pt
"The 2005 Brunello di Montalcino from SassodiSole is a soft, mid-weight wine with delicate aromatics and a feminine expression of dark cherries and violets. The finish is long yet subtle, with floral notes that add lift on the close. This is an excellent choice for drinking over the next few years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2017"
- Brunello di Montalcino SassodiSole 2004 RISERVA 90 pt.
"The estate's 2004 Brunello di Montalcino RISERVA blossom on the palate with round, caressing fruit. This is one of the more open, accessible 2004 Riservas readers will come across. Though not super-complex, the wine offers gorgeous overall balance, with suggestions of dried flowers and sweet spices that linger on the finish. Anticipated maturity: 2010 - 2020."
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 Score 90
Shows ripe raspberries and hints of cream and vanilla on the nose. Full- to medium-bodied, with silky tannins and slightly chewy texture. Needs to open a bit. Best after 2010. 1,135 cases made. -JS
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 91 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 IP 84
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2007 IP 81
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2007 IP 82
- L'Orcia Rosso 2007 2 Stelle (vino ottimo)
L'Orcia Rosso 2007 ha assai ben figurato in degustazione. Grazie ad un affinamento di un anno in botti in rovere di Slavonia, l'Orcia Rosso 2007 offre al naso garbate note speziate e aromi di frutti rossi; al palato è succoso, con tannini dolci.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 3 stelle
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2007 2 stelle
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2007 3 stelle
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2007 83 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 91 pt.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2004 Score 88
Here's a cheerful Brunello with offbeat aromas of candid fruit, cherry liqueur and white licorice. It's a ripe and chewy wine (but not exaggeratedly so) with mature aromas of blackberry and sticky Indian spice. Fresh acidity makes the wine pop in the mouth, while releasing bursting berry overtones. - M.L.
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2003 Menzione Speciale (Max rating)
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2007 Diploma di Merito
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2003 IP 81
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2006 IP 82
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2006 (100% Sangiovese) IP 83
Il miglior vino: ORCIA ROSSO DOC 2006 (Consistenza 31 – Equilibrio 26 – Integrità 26)
Sensazioni: di ottima dolcezza olfattiva, accoglie con la tepida e cremosa solvenza della sua prugna balsamicamente mentosa. Un vino di gran rango cromatico ed estrattivo, porosamente ramoso al suo denso ed opulento contatto. Lo si vede opaco, lo si sente fitto, lungo, lo si ode persistere potentemente carnoso, mentosamente cioccolatoso. Forza della natura ma anche capacità tecniche di gestione e sviluppo. E la natura sì, con prugna e mora, i suadente, intensa espressione sensitiva.
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2006 85 pt. (G.B.)
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2006 87 pt. (G.B.)
- Brunello SassodiSole DOCG 2003 89 pt
Robert Parker di Wine Advocate assegna al nostro Brunello SassodiSole DOCG 2003 89 punti e dice: "SassodiSole's 2003 Brunello di Montalcino offers a powerfull expression of ripe dark cherries, licorice, smoke, earthiness and sweet toasted oak. The wine's open aromatics and attractive, up-front personality offer much appeal, even if the intensity drops off a bit on the mid-palate. With slightly more polish to the tannins this Brunello might have merited a higher score. Anticipated maturity: 2009 - 2018."
- Brunello SassodiSole 2003 89 pt
Il Brunello SassodiSole 2003 ha raggiunto il massimo punteggio tra i Brunelli presentati, 89 punti. Inoltre tra quelli con il massimo punteggio è tra i più economici... Dicono del nostro vino: "Beautiful plum and cherry aromas, with hints of vanilla bean, follow through to a medium body, with fine tannins, fresh acidity and clean, fruity finish. Best after 2009. 780 cases made.”
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2005 16/20 (tre bottiglie rosse)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2002 15/20 (tre bottiglie rosse)
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2002 IP 83
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2005 IP 80
- Orcia Rosso DOC 2005 IP 81
- Brunello di Montalcino 2002 2 bicchieri
- Brunello di Montalcino 2001 2 bicchieri - in finale per i 3
I VINI DI VERONELLI - 2016
WINE SURF 2015
DECANTER – Magazine – December 2015
BUING GUIDE – ZELIJKO SUHADOLNIK
THE WINE ADVOCATE 2015
JANCIS ROBINSON 2015 - BY Walter Speller
JAMES SUCKLING 2015
WINE ENTHUSIAST – Magazine – November 2014 - Kerin O'Keefe
INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR - Stephen Tanzer
ANTONIO GALLONI 2014
DECANTER – World Wine Awards 2014
WINE ENTHUSIAST (Kerin O’Keefe) 2014
DECANTER - Ian d'Agata 2014
THE WINE ADVOCATE (Robert Parker) 2014
JAMES SUCKLING 2014
JAMES SUCKLING 2013
WINE SURF 2013
INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR – IAN D’AGATA 2013
THE WINE ADVOCATE (Robert Parker) 2013
LONDON INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2013
TIM AKTIN - SPECIAL REPORT 2013
REGIONE TOSCANA – X SELEZIONE DEI VINI DI TOSCANA 2013
JANCIS ROBINSON 2013
J. SUCKLING 2012
GAMBERO ROSSO 2011
WINE ENTHUSIAST – JAN 2011
REGIONE TOSCANA - IX SELEZIONE DEI VINI DI TOSCANA 2012
WINE SPECTATOR 2010
THE WINE ADVOCATE 2010
THE WINE ADVOCATE
LUCA MARONI - ANNUARIO 2010
SLOW FOOD – GUIDA AL VINO QUOTIDIANO 2010
VINI BUONI D’ITALIA 2010
MONDO 56 – EICHELMANN
WINE ENTHUSIAST - June '09
REGIONE TOSCANA – VIII SELEZIONE DEI VINI DI TOSCANA 2011
ANNUARIO DEI MIGLIORI VINI ITALIANI 2009 – Luca Maroni
I VINI DI VERONELLI 2009 – GUIDA ORO
WINETASTE Orcia 2006 (web magazine)
WINE SPECTATOR - Maggio 2008
CREMONAWEB A TAVOLA